Wednesday, November 27, 2013

No Going Back

Ever since we moved into our house, I have wanted to paint our fireplace white.  This dark, dull fireplace lacked visual interest and didn't really create the right focal point in the family room.  See below:



 
So, I finally got around to painting it (well, my Father did-but you get my point).  If you know me, you know I love white, light and airy.  This wasn't a really big deal for me, but for some I am probably committing the biggest crime against nature... painting over wood!  Even at the paint store, I was told "You can never go back once you paint wood."  I was not hesitant at all.  If it turned out nearly as good as some of these, I would be very happy.  How could you not love these?




 
Candice Olson






Sarah Richardson

 
 

So, here is the finished project. I love the simplicity of the white.  It really has brightened up our family room and made it look so much more spacious. 


What do you think?

I want to thank the Hubs for having faith and letting me do this.  There's no going back and that's a good thing! Everyone is happy!  Check back soon as I will have photos of the mantel styled for Christmas! 

If you would like to fill your home with happiness, contact me for an online or in-person consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment