Sunday, September 9, 2012

Home Tour

I wanted to share with you some of my own design work.  Our last house was a custom built house by Infinity Architectural Inc. in Halifax, Nova Scotia.  It was an amazing process to go through and here are the results.

My Living Room



What I loved most about this room was the 15ft cathedral ceilings with skylights.  There was always so much light in this room.  Becuase of the height of the ceiling, I definitely wanted to light fixture that could make a statment.  The light fixture is by Origina Lighting

I created a gallery wall surrounding the TV with black and white family photos.  The TV alone on that wall looked bare, and the placement of the frames helped to incorporate the TV into the whole look.  Frames were purchased at IKEA and Michaels





I was definitely going for softer colours on the walls throughout the whole house.  For the living / dining room and the main spaces throughout the house, I used Benjamin Moore, Thousand Islands.

For the wall opposite the TV, I had to balance it with a large piece.  So, I chose this clock from Sears.





I chose a navy blue leather sofa and loveseat.  They were definitely compromise pieces for me.  I originally wanted a fully tufted sofa but, you can guess who ruled that out ;)  But, I am definitely happy with the choices made.  The sofa and loveseat are form Palliser

The wing chair was from Homesense.  Again, you'll see in the next photo, the tufted back on this piece, which relates to the sofa and loveseat without using the same fabric. 

This photo looks into the dining room.  You'll see another large light fixture.  I definitely didn't want the same fixtures in both rooms and I think I came up with ones that work well with each other. 





More rooms to come soon! 

If you would need help designing your home, contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment