Monday, June 11, 2012

Craving Colour




 

 
I have always loved a room with an ethereal look.  Something about it just makes me feel at ease and in balance.  But, lately with this huge explosion of colour in the fashion and design worlds, I have had the tendency to embrace the trend.  But, is this colour trend really a trend?  I think the way in which one incorporates colour can be perceived as “trendy”.  But c’mon...colour is colour and it has always been around!  My rule is if you love a colour, go for it!  Take for example, the gray trend that is so popular right now.  If you buy that uber cool gray sectional (which I admit to doing), chances are in 10 years, you will look at it the same way we look at how the beige/brown trend is so “over” right now.

Lesson to be learned here…buy what you love!  Buying that piece of furniture in your favourite colour will last you a long time.  Because you will always love that colour!  Will I love gray forever?  Probably not….case in point, my once trendy beige sofa has now been banished to media room in the basement!  Still making it work though.

Here’s is some eye candy to feast on!




































Source: Pinterest (all photos)

If you are looking to refresh your space, contact me.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first post!
    Love your ideas of such a wonderful mix of color - wish I was more adventurous.

    Great job, Michelle and lots of luck!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete